Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[ANSWERED] Should We Be Concerned When People Say This?

Zafar!
    Zafar!
    Believerintruth Member
    Believerintruth Member

Male Number of posts : 202
    Country : [ANSWERED]  Should We Be Concerned When People Say This? Pakist16
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

[ANSWERED]  Should We Be Concerned When People Say This? Empty [ANSWERED] Should We Be Concerned When People Say This?

Post by Zafar! Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 am

So the other day I was having a conversation with a guy when he said Muslims don't believe in god, they believe in Allah...

How does one explain this in simple terms to somebody? We see this everywhere now. Allah and god are not the same thing when it comes to Islam. I always believed that Allah and god mean the same thing. Should be concerned about this? I see this more and more, it's almost as if Allah refers to some sort of idol to people who know nothing about Islam.

[Moved to "Special Guest"]
    Sayed Mohammed Jawadi
    Sayed Mohammed Jawadi
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Male Number of posts : 13
    Country : [ANSWERED]  Should We Be Concerned When People Say This? Iraq12
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

[ANSWERED]  Should We Be Concerned When People Say This? Empty Re: [ANSWERED] Should We Be Concerned When People Say This?

Post by Sayed Mohammed Jawadi Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 am

Sallaam,

Allah is one of the names of God, as is Al-Rahmaan, Al-Raheem etc. There is only ONE God.
    God = Allah
    Allah = God

God and Allah are the same. Christians and Jews are Ahl-el-Kitab, their holy books have recieved scriptures revealed unto them by God, although through different means, we worship the same God.
    This is the Surah that has been sent down in regards to the disbelievers -atheists and those who commit shirk-

Bismillah Al-Rahmaan, Al-Raheem,

Say: O disbelievers!
    I worship not that which ye worship;
    Nor worship ye that which I worship.
    And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
    Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
    Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:13 pm